The firm has been structured into different teams that, in co-ordination with the QVADRIGAS MOTOR and QVADRIGAS NAVAL departments, provide consultancy services in the following fields:
As this is mainly a trade law and company consultancy firm, practically all our professionals work on these issues, especially in relation to the following:
General Trade & Corporate Law.
We assume tasks such as:
- Technical secretariat for boards of directors.
- Consultancy services at meetings of Administrative Bodies and General Meetings.
- Challenging corporate agreements and responsibilities of administrators.
- Legal defence of the interests of partners and strategies in the event of possible conflicts between them.
- Changes to articles of association and corporate operations (capital increase and reduction, mergers, de-mergers, winding-up and liquidation, transformation, address changes, denomination changes, changes to the object of the company...).
- Transfer of shares and participations.
- Negotiation, study and drafting of contracts of any nature related to corporate activities.
- Preparation of reports on corporate and trade issues.
- National and international trade contracts (international trade...)
- Consultancy services for family businesses (strategies and protocols).
- Legal guardianship of credit (collection from defaulters, execution of sureties...).
- Procedures in the case of the termination or breach of contract.
This is, without doubt, one of the branches in which we excel. From the beginning we have earned the trust, not only of many small and medium size enterprises, but also of large groups dedicated to the distribution business, especially in the automotive sector (dealership associations, spare parts...), one of the fields in which the Firm specialises.
Our consultancy services in this field include:
- Negotiation and drafting of distribution, agency and franchise contracts.
- Retail businesses.
- Consultancy services and defence in the courts in the event of the termination or breach of contracts.
- Consultancy services on different distribution systems: selective, exclusive.
- Procedures to declare bankruptcy, to put into liquidation and to wind-up companies.
Industrial Property Law.
- Administrative dossiers before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM).
- Legal proceedings on the infringement of rights of trade mark, patents...
- Drafting contracts on Industrial Property.
- Consultancy services on trade mark and brand name protection.
The professionals in the Distribution Department of Qvadrigas Abogados are experts in Competition Law in relation to the distribution sector and, more specifically, to the automotive sector. We intervene in procedures such as binding rulings, claims and complaints before the European Commission, the National Competition Commission and Spanish tribunals on issues connected with vertical agreements, unfair competition...
Furthermore, the Firm is also in direct contact with European competition authorities as the Spanish representatives in the European lawyer network, "European Distribution Lawyers" (E.D.L. –www.eudistributionlawyers.eu).
Within the scope of Civil Law, we mainly concentrate on:
- Family Law (separations and divorces; changes to matrimonial property regimes, the drafting of pre-matrimonial agreements, disabilities, regulation of non-marital relationships, de facto relationships, changes to measures adopted).
- Inheritance Law (certificates of succession, advice on wills, liquidation and adjudication of an inheritance).
- Associations and Foundations: constitution, governance and general consultancy services.
- Obligations and Contracts: Termination and breach procedures.
The Labour Law Department mainly provides consultancy services for companies and individuals in different areas connected with labour relations and has great experience representing our clients in legal procedures before social and administrative jurisdictions.
- Contracts, penalties, dismissals, claiming rights.
- Collective Lay-Off Procedures.
- Occupational risk prevention.
- Negotiation of collective agreements and business agreements.
- Due diligence processes.
We represent our clients' interests before the administrative jurisdiction and provide legal consultancy services covering the following aspects:
- Authorisations and licenses.
- Town planning.
- Wine industry.
- Infringement proceedings.
We provide legal services for businesses and individuals covering preventive consultancy services as well as legal management, defence and legal assistance in criminal proceedings related to:
- Financial offences.
- Corporate offences.
- Offences related to family law.
- Occupational health & safety offences.
- Offences against the rights of workers.