The Maritime Law Department of Qvadrigas Abogados enjoys an excellent reputation, given its wide-ranging experience, in the field of naval construction law, mainly providing consultancy services to shipyards and has been acknowledged, over several years, as one of the leading firms in Europe by the Chambers & Partners Europe lawyer and legal firm guide.
More specifically, in this field, the Firm focuses on providing consultancy services in relation to the building of ships, mainly covering:
- The negotiation and drafting of ship building contracts.
- Monitoring the execution of the ship building contracts (notifications, breaches).
- Subcontracts with suppliers (negotiation, drafting contracts, cancellations, breaches, etc)
- Advice in establishing and developing combined "Tax Lease" / "Tonnage Tax" financial structures with the main financial institutions in the country.
- Advice concerning ship delivery and registration.
- Negotiating and drafting guarantee agreements.
Furthermore, our professionals provide consultancy services for shipowners, investors and other people or entities interested in ship construction or contracts or related to the said activities.